Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pendant Grouping Jewelry

I am always interested in taking materials and attempting to use them in atypical ways.  You can see what a typical design would be, all the pendants grouped together.  I am drawn to the unique and atypical uses of materials.  I can't tell you how many times I have ogled over a designers jewelry and said now "Why didn't I think of that"?  I love to see those designers work.  Seems that they just have a special place in their brain for that type of creative thought.
I strive to be one of them!!!!



So I received these really lovely pendant bead sets by Jeff Elvin of Dakota Stones and he asked me to  come up with with some designs for him.  Jeff was launching them to his website and he wanted a few designs to show his customers how they could use them. What I love the most about them was the rough hammered surface. It also has a smooth surface to but I only see myself using the rough surface.



With this necklace I used all 5 of the pendants in the grouping. I love Game of Thrones and new season was airing soon and I was thinking about Khaleesi. I made some copper accents, added some Brecciated Jasper and Greek Mykonos and tied it all up with waxed linen.  I primarily tie all my jewelry and I am always looking for different ways to added the texture of tying into my jewelry.  I did a tying technique in between my copper points.


Lapis Necklace - SOLD

I was really excited that these pendant groupings came in Lapis and couldn't wait to get my hands on those for my Between the Lines collection that is one of my newer styles this 2014. Here I used only 1 of the pendants.  I do have to tell you if you are planning on tying it is helpful to have an 
This is my go to tool!!!!!  I bought mine at Rio Grande but you can find them and extra bits on Amazon.  All of the stones are from Dakota Stones and the lampwork is from Outwest.  Good part about this design is that now I still have 4 LAPIS PENDANTS LEFT!!!!!!



I have an obsession with peachy coral and that has been going on for nearly 2 years.  I love Sunstone, Moonstone and Fossil Coral.  I used all 5 pieces in this Fossil Coral Set.  Added some Sea Urchin, Wood, Greek Mykonos and Pink Agate.  This was an interesting design to tie as I had to start from the clasp and move in from their to do that tying technique at the pendant.


Some simple designs with tying in Lapis and African Turquoise.




I love Dakota Stones for many reasons really but this is a big one.  They have so many beads in the same type of stone in odles of shapes, drills finishes you name it.  I am a very textural jewelry designer and they are a stone lovers dream come true and personally they do it like no other.  Here I used one of the pendants in Rough Sunset Dumortierite.  They recently came out with these great rectangle beads in matte and glossy finishes and in many types of stones.  I added one of them here and was fortunate enough to have some nearly identical Lampwork by Bokamo Designs.  I also added Sunstone, Lapis, Jade and Greek Mykonos.  The clasp and copper bail were handmade by me.



Made with Red Creek Jasper, matte carved Amazonite, Brecciated Jasper, Wood and Lampwork by Bokamo Designs.  One of my friends called it Lyrical and I think she got that right.



Another very Tribal piece using African Turquois Pendants.  Here I use only 3.  I added Rough Carved Onyx, Greek Mykonos and some handmade copper components by me.


Butterflies From Heaven Necklace - Mine

I know my mom was smiling down on my from heaven as I made this necklace.  She loved butterflies!  This one was made with Amazonite, Carved Matte Amazonite, Greek Mykonos, Lampwork from Firelily and some fancy wire work made by me.  For now this one is mine.  I will be making some for my shop.  I have a few kinks to work out.  One of my favorite colors!!!!!

Many of these designs can be purchased here or click through the links to the above necklace.







11 comments:

  1. These are all awesome and so unique. I just love all your jewelry - it's always super cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to thank you for introducing me to Dakota Stones. They are an amazing company. I just placed my first order with them for the 50% off sale and can't wait until my box of goodies arrives. The anticipation is driving me to distraction...lol.

    You do wonderful work. Very original and I love the textural details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Haezz......If you are following me I always announce when they have special sales. Otherwise make sure to get their emails. They are the best!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. As usual I am in awe...litteraly drooling over your necklaces, always so original and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pipa. I love what I do and am so fortunate to get to do this EVERYDAY unless life demands me in other areas.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for letting us know about Dakota Stone. I just got my first order today and it was gasp-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, Kristin, and I love what you're doing with the pendants. I've only seen Dakota Stones at shows and in bead stores. Guess I'll have to make the trek from White Bear Lake and check out their showroom in person. Also wanted to say congratulations on all the exposure you're getting recently with the magazine feature. I haven't met you, but your personality shines through in your writing. Wishing you the very best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel!!!! They are probably 20 minutes from you. In fact I think they are having their regular showroom sale coming up soon. Get on their mailing list so you can find out about sales and such. Happy Beading!!

      Delete