Sunday, February 10, 2013

Love Me Up Some Soup - Meet Julie Bowen my Talented Bead Soup Partner

BEAD SOUP BLOCK PARTY 7

My Partner is 

Julie Bowen - Autochthonous Evolved


I am so excited to be apart of the Bead Soup Block Party!!!!  
This is my first one.


I have to tell you it was great fun putting this bead soup together for Julie Bowen.  I was thinking about what I was going to put together even before I knew who she was.  Julie is a very talented Lampwork Artist and Educator.  She teaches eons of classes in her home studio in St. Paul Minnesota....I was so impressed with her credits and knowledge.  I was thinking to myself I could pick 10 classes that I would want to go to in her list.



She has a great website that hooks you up to all her blog, shop and classes.


When I first saw her business name I was like.....I don't even know how to say that.  

autochthonous 
Main Entry: au·toch·tho·nous 
Pronunciation: \o?-'täk-th?-n?s\  click here to hear pronounciation
Function: adjective 
Date: 1805 
1 : indigenous, native [an autochthonous people] 
2 : formed or originating in the place where found [autochthonous rock] [an autochthonous infection] 
— au·toch·tho·nous·ly adverb 


"Julie Says"

She likes to take inspiration from everything, use natural materials and transform them into something beautiful. So they compliment a wearers natural beauty. Autochthonous means found in the place where formed. I think that its meaning is significant, not only because it stands for the things to make jewelry, but it also reminds us that we are beautiful in the way we were made, but that doesn't mean that we can't tweak our natural assets once in awhile.

I thought that was very poetic and I think I can see this depth of person in her jewelry.


It was great fun to send and to put together my soup for her.....I cant wait to see what Julie loves up!!!!!



Here are Julie's Websites below.





3 comments:

  1. Girl you are gonna have so much fun! I can't wait to see your results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. That's so sweet! Thank you for that lovely introduction. :)

    ReplyDelete