Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My First Jewelry Publication

My First Jewelry Publication

Bead Trends September 2012

Sailboat At Sunset
 Red Creek Jasper Necklace
designed for the inspired by catagory.
My mother was just diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and we were told she had 6 months to live.  It wasn't a happy time for me. This was one of the highlights in my life during that time.
 I sent a necklace to Bead Trends to see IF I COULD GET PUBLISHED, honestly no real thoughts at all that I would be accepted. A few weeks after my mothers diagnosis I got my email saying that my necklace was accepted.  I can't begin to tell you the elation I felt.
I will always feel that I am an underdog in the jewelry designing world mostly because I have so much to learn.  That is what I love about jewelry design it is everchanging and evolving.  I have been making jewelry for almost 10 years and have yet to get bored.
You can find my designs at
I am also on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Lovely necklace and congratulations on your publication! It's so nice that you had that little light of joy at the time of such difficult news about your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool piece. Congrats Kristin on making it into Bead Trends. Glad there was some happy news during that difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for the news of your Mom! I really appreciate your efforts for necklace and publication as well. I really loved it and wanna say that skills are always with us and helps us anytime though it's time of joy or grief. I gave some custom jewelry to my cousin and she was so happy but I think I would love to share your post as well to make her more happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a constant inspiration for me. Thanks for visiting my blog!!!

      Delete